• Myofascial Release Approach™ - JFB-MFR
• Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapy - Body Intelligence
FEEL BETTER • MOVE BETTER • BE BETTER
We humans are designed to move! To move freely, fluidly, and efficiently. Inside our bodies and in our world.
My fascination with fascia began 20 years ago. After two decades of sports injuries and years of pain, I had an 'ah-ha' moment!
All those times I'd fallen off my horses, skis, snowboard, and mountain bikes, were not incidental. With muscles of painful concrete, that no doctor could explain, myofascial release was the first relief I’d had in years! My healing journey eventually brought me to John F. Barnes approach Myofascial Release™ (MFR). With a background in traditional massage and Structural Integration, I found my specialty in the profoundly effective fascial-structural therapy of Myofascial Release.
In addition to the Myofascial Release program, I've completed a two-year Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy Training (BCST), and am currently training in the Upledger method of CST. Mixing healing bodywork with my passion for movement (ah la Yoga, Yoga Tune Up®, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization, and more), I have no intention of stopping this fabulous learning journey. I continue to explore the body’s healing potential with a East-meets-West belief system. I've taken more than 1000 hours in MFR, Craniosacral Therapy (CST), NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT), Dermo-Neuro-Modulation (DNM), Myo-Skeletal Alignment, Structural-Visceral Manipulation, Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Re-education (PNF), Energy Medicine, and Shamanism; along with anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology, injury evaluation, and related coursework at UCLA Extension, which I blend with my love of yoga, dance, and hiking, for a whole mind-body approach to healing and moving through life.
Myofascial Release (MFR & related soft-tissue):
• John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Approach (MFR), 2011 - 2014
(Advanced Therapist Status):
Myofascial Release I & II; Unwinding & Advanced Unwinding; Rebounding; Cervical Thoracic; Fascial Pelvis x2.
• Skill Enhancement Seminar - 5 clinic days; training with John Barnes and his physical therapists, 2014.
• Focus on Fascia seminars (FOF), Frances Nicolais, 2011 - 2013:
FOF I, II & III; Shoulder Girdle; Head, Neck & Sinus; TMJ conditions; Carpal Tunnel; Breast Care, Arthritis; Fibromyalgia; Scoliosis; Scar Tissue; Mobilization; Skin Rolling.
• Facial Connections & Internal Pelvic Release, Lori Zeltwanger, PT, 2013 & 2014.
• NeuroKinetic Therapy, David Weinstock; NKT L1 cert, 2016.
• Eric Dalton's Myoskeletal Alignment Techniques, w/ Paul Kelly, 2014.
• Myofascial Cupping, 2014.
• DermoNeuroModulation (DNM); Diane Jacobs, PT, 2014 & 2015.
• RockTape FMT Basics certification; 2016
• Kinesiology Taping; Gregory Hawthorne, ATC, 2015
• Structural-Visceral Integration: Fascial manipulation for Low back, Pelvis, & Abdomen; Bruce Schonfeld, 2013.
• Integrated Neuromuscular Re-education - Muscle Energy and Positional Release; Theresa Schmidt, 2013.
• Deep Tissue Structural Integration certification; Garnet Dupuis, 2006.
• Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Body Intelligence school; 2-year program, 2016 - 2018.
• Upledger Craniosacral 1 & 2, 2018.
• Peirsman Craniosacral, Etienne Peirsman;
Basic, Unwinding, Sphenoid, Heart, 2019.
• Craniosacral fundamentals; Gloria Flores, 2011.
• Lymphatic Mojo; Stop Chasing Pain - Perry Nickelston; 2018 & 2019.
• Polarity Therapy; Cami & Mauro Zappaterra, 2016.
• Communication for Bodyworkers (Polarity); Tracy Griffiths, 2014.
• Energy Healing certification; Heather White, 2012.
• Various Anatomy, Physiology & Kinesiology course at UCLA extension; 2010-2012.
• Massage Therapy Core Curriculum; Massage School of Santa Monica, 1997.
Movement, Yoga and more...
• Anatomy in Motion (AiM), Flow Motion Model, Gary Ward; Foot & Gait movement assessment, 2019.
• Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS), Ex1, 2018. Application workshop, 2019.
• Fascial Fitness; Robert Schleip & Devo Muller, 2014.
• Psychology of Anatomy & Movement series (Rolfing derived); Russ Pfeiffer, 2013-2014.
• Yoga Tune Up® Teacher Training, Shoulder Immersion, and Roll Model Ball Training; 2013-2014.
Core Integration Immersion, and Breath and Bliss; 2019
• Yoga Teacher Training, 200hr; 2013.